Monday, 24 November 2014
Tuesday, 29 October 2013
Question: "My period has stopped under LFRV diet".I believe that it doesn't stop specifically because of the dietary part of the diet. But maybe due to other factors, such as athletic amenorrhea, because of active lifestyle that most LFRVs undertake.
Monday, 21 October 2013
Sunday, 13 October 2013
- Raw beetroot doesn't agree with me. But cooked ones are fine with me. Try beetroot and carrot soup or a beetroot quinoa salad.
- The zucchini I eat doesn't have to be organic.
- Adding too much cinnamon to my raw marinara. Big eh-uh.
- Spirulina is rich in B12, something that (raw) vegan/ vego often needs.
- Spirulina smells, but tastes okay. If you really struggle, adding a banana helps.
- Banana tastes the best when it's ripe. I'm talking about brown > yellow in ratio. Markets usually sell these babies cheaper because they are "overripe". A plus. To me they are perfectly sweet mushy goodness.
- My bottle of chia seeds is bitter when eaten without soaking it.
- Juicing is awesome, and so good for you.
- If eating 100% raw doesn't work for you, try eating mono fruit meals during the day, and raw salad or steamed veggies for dinner.
- Cut out the processed 'superfood's e.g. coconut water in a bottle, and use the real stuff instead e.g. extract the water from a young coconut.
- Stay 80/10/10; use CRON-O-Meter to help you check your macronutrient intakes... but a whole durian can be an occasional treat
- If you having a dates-galore day, remember to drink lots of water.
- Going raw, doesn't have to be an overnight mission. Take as long as you need and don't be so harsh on yourself.
- Staying active is important.
- Smoothie love spreading is welcomed.
- I still enjoy my carrot and celery sticks ;)
- Dried white mulberries are my white chocolate, my maple syrup and my candy <3